Hi All,
The University of Mauritius in Collaboration with the AUF will be having a whole weeks' workshop to mark Open Access week.

Held from the 22nd to the 26th October, the objective of the OER- eXe-GIMP workshop is to have participants walk away with a completed Professional CDRom (Top-covered and with casing)
which includes a complete self-learning content that can be played on auto-run by any interested learner.

Participants will be provided with the tools and skills to allow them to:
1. Search for Open Educational Resources that pertain to their course/interest.
2. Adapt these material to their relevant needs and create learning content using eXe software
3. Attach an appropriate licence for their content
4. Create and manipulate images for their educational content.
5. Learn about image processing using GIMP
5. Create a Cd-Cover and Envelope for your packaged and ready-to-run CD

This workshop has been co-sponsored by the AUF and the University of Mauritius. As at now we have reached the targetted 20 Participants from UoM and AUF.

I'll be including the programme and details on the Open Access Week website at http://openaccessweek.org/
Is there somewhere else we're celebrating Open Access week too?

Best regards to all
Sandhya