Please find below a job opening in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia send on behalf of Dr Salah Almubarak.

All the best
Markus

=================================================================================================================================
MEG Physicist Position Vacant

MEG Lab Overview

Our MEG lab is a section of the Neurophysiology Department, which belongs to National Neuroscience Institute (NNI) which is one of the most important health care providers at King Fahad Medical City (KFMC). Our hospital is founded by the Ministry of Health (MOH). The lab was established in early 2011, and was running officially, by October 2011. Our MEG system is 306 sensors Neuromag System (Elekta, Helsinki, Finland). The lab conducts clinical applications for pre-surgical epilepsy evaluation and brain mapping. Our aim to have high standard scientific and clinical research, to be one of the labs that contribute in developing MEG systems, and became a reference for other labs in the region of Middle East.

Requirements
Required applicant should have a minimal of Master's degree (or equivalent), have academic experience in using numerical methods to analyse complex systems, and be willing to do further development for mathematical and software programs.
Preferable to have strong motivations and ambitions to take part in the research. Also, researchers having interest in neural and human science with expertise in different areas are such as Statistics, machine learning, parallel distributed computing, signal processing, artificial intelligence, bio-measurement and instrumentation, computer vision, statistical physics, cognitive psychology.
Preferable to have enthusiastic to understand the dynamic properties of the human brain and to probe the interaction between different regions. Furthermore, you are prepared to take courses and workshops offered based on the lab requirement.
Proficiency in oral and written English is essential. You are expected to work in a team, sharing technical know-how and ideas.
Most pass the personal interview (Hospital may organize overseas trip interview serious applicant only).
Conditions of Employment
Position: Full-time Researcher / Full-time Research physicist
Tenure: Single year based contract, renewable based on evaluation
Salary: Based on experience and negotiable
Work Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Application Materials
1- CV
2- List of publications
3- Copy of the passport
4- Recommendation letters from three researchers
Starting Date
October 1st 2012
Deadline
Opens until positions are filled (first come, first served)

Contact

Dr. SALAH ALMUBARAK, BSc, MD, FRCPC
Head Section of MEG lab
Clinical Neurophysiology Department