Hi all,

I'm writing a feature for Museums Journal on allowing visitors to take photographs in museums/galleries - some of you might know we also ran a poll on the MA website a month or so ago, which threw up lots of interesting comments.

http://www.museumsassociation.org/museums-journal/news/30072012-poll-should-museums-allow-photography

I'd be really interested in talking to anybody with strong views on this issue - for or against - and to find out a bit more about different organisation's policies on this issue. For example, if you allow photography in some areas and not others, how do you police this?

I'm also looking for any interesting uses of visitors' photographs, such as the Met's Get Closer.

My email is [log in to unmask] - thanks, I hope to hear from some of you.

Rebecca Atkinson
Online publications editor - Museum Practice and Museums Journal
Museums Association
Tel: 0207 4266920
Twitter: @rebeccaa_ma
email: [log in to unmask]