Hi John

I don't really have a problem with using library barcode to login but we could really use a similar system to what Higher Education use where customers login once to their area and then have access to all the resources from various providers. To quote OUP:

"A referring URL - a method of access that can allow users to access websites remotely by clicking on a link placed on a webpage that will go directly in the online resource, bypassing any additional login procedure.  In order to set up access via this method, the library service places a link to the website they wish to access within a password protected area and then supply the resource provider with the referring URL. "

If this could be done via online library catalogues then people could just login to their library account and instantly have access to account management, catalogue search and the full range of online resources provided by their library.

Kind regards

Phil Jones