Dear All

At last some acknowledgement of our considerable problems with HDAS and some indication that something is being done about it…

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the recent timeouts observed intermittently on the HIR/HDAS website.  We do wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused with regards to this issue.

As an update to this, we have internal development and system management resources investigating this issue as a high priority issue since last week.  In addition, investigations are on-going with external suppliers, such as publishers, suppliers of the Athens service and external webhosting company.

Investigations are continuing, however, we have already identified some efficiency improvements which we are able to directly influence and these have been applied to the site over the past couple of days.  We also have an emergency site release this evening which includes some further performance improvements and enhancement to logging which will allow us to investigate deeper into the issue.  A key bottleneck in performance has been identified at our hosting organisation and we are working with them to diagnose and assist them as much as possible in resolving this issue.

As a result, there are a number of streams of work on-going internally and externally to further diagnose and resolve this issue which is being treated as high priority for resolution as soon as possible.

I hope that this clarifies the current work underway at present to diagnose and resolve this issue.

Best Regards

Matt Stevenson
Senior Applications Manager
Evidence & Practice
NICE”

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and / or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.