Any comments, correctios or suggestions? Is this a general problem?

Richard Abbott

Archives and Heritage
Central Library
Chamberlain Square
Birmingham
B3  3HQ

tel         0121 303 4549
fax        0121 464 1176
e-mail   [log in to unmask]

----- Forwarded by Richard Abbott/LeisureServices/BCC on 19/10/2012 16:30
-----

             Rachel
             MacGregor/Leisure
             Services/BCC                                               To
                                       Richard
             19/10/2012 09:30          Abbott/LeisureServices/BCC@BCCE10K
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Fw: Large Scale OS maps : obtaining
                                       recent updates

----- Forwarded by Rachel MacGregor/LeisureServices/BCC on 19/10/2012 09:30
-----

             Zoe Darani
             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]
             "Archivists,                                               cc
             conservators and
             records                                               Subject
             managers."                Large Scale OS maps : obtaining
             <ARCHIVES-NRA@JIS         recent updates
             CMAIL.AC.UK>

             18/10/2012 17:01

             Please respond to
                Zoe Darani

Dear list,

I am sending the enquiry (below) on
the behalf on my colleague Fiona Price, Local Studies Librarian, Lambeth
Archives.  Please respond to Fiona
directly [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your help.

Zoe DaraniArchivist
Lambeth Archives

Large Scale OS
maps

Really one for
Local Studies Librarians in urban areas, but :

We would like to
find out about how you obtain paper updates to current/recent 1:1250
OS.

Previously we
obtained these from time to time from the person in our authority who
received
the discs from the OS. We’ve now been advised that the Public Services
Mapping
Agreement (PSMA) doesn’t allow this.

I’d be
interested to know:
If/how you get
current/recent 1:1250 print outs
If you get them
under the PSMA
If not, where
how do you get them
If you’ve been
advised that the PSMA entitles or prevents the use of supplied mapping data
this
way

Do you have
access to any form of geographical information systems in your
authority?

Do you allow
public access to the current 1:1250 series and if so, do you consider one
A4
copy may made
under the Fair
Dealing agreement?

Fiona M.
Price

Fiona M.
Price
Local Studies
Librarian
Lambeth
Archives
52 Knatchbull
Road
London
SE5 9QY

Tel: 0207 926
6076

http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/LeisureCulture/LocalHistory/Archives.htm
www.lambethlandmark.com

Contact the list owner for assistance at

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a
holiday) see the list website at

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by Birmingham City Council is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and notify the sender immediately. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its content may be monitored and used by Birmingham City Council for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on staff use. E-mail blocking software may also be used. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of Birmingham City Council. We cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.