Hi Anna

You’re right, the shorthand link isn’t prompting for authentication (probably since the upgrade from 1.x to 2.x). Your solution is what’s needed.

Cheers

Dom

From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anna Sansome
Sent: 02 October 2012 13:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [JISC-SHIBBOLETH] SP-side WAYFless urls

Hi Dom,

Thanks for your reply.

The url you’re suggesting for linking for individual titles is similar to one Safari gave me but it doesn’t function as a WAYFless url, at least not for us – off-campus it only gets me to the book in preview mode, I then have to click login via federation, go to the UK Federation WAYF, search for Westminster, then login (and actually the url doesn’t then resolve it just goes to proquest.safaribooksonline.com/[xmlId]). Does it work as a WAYFless url for you? I am trying to give links where students are immediately met with a UoW login screen then redirected back to the book they want as they are with e.g.

https://www.dawsonera.com/guard/protected/dawson.jsp?name=https://idp.wmin.ac.uk/entity&dest=http://www.dawsonera.com/depp/reader/protected/external/AbstractView/S9780203836415

The WAYFless url I have managed to generate looks like the first one you give, albeit with a book-specific url as the target.

Thanks

Anna

Anna Sansome
E-services Developer