Hi Fred

They are very relevant, yes, and clearly there is an overlap. But the consensus as far as I can judge is that these lists serve slightly different purposes, with some overlap. It is very appropriate to signpost to jisc-repositories where a discussion is taking place on GOAL, and vice versa.

You know that I am supportive of open access, and of the role of repositories in that, in fact I worked to set up the Repositories Support Project in the early days. I have no wish to censor discussion.  But this is a very active list and I would rather suggest some revised etiquette than have people leave the list in frustration.

Amber

From: Frederick Friend [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 October 2012 15:02
To: Amber THOMAS; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: jisc-repositories list purpose

Dear Amber,

I would welcome clarification on whether UK Government and RCUK policies on repositories are included in your wish to “focus the discussions on this list on repositories”? As the Government clearly wish to constrain the role of institutional repositories, my view is that the topic is very relevant for subscribers to JISC Repositories.

With best wishes,

Fred Friend