Dear all

I do not propose to waste any more time on the inane ramblings of Suresh/Karan/Bansal/Deepthinker. Those, and any other pseudonyms which appear on Geo-tectonics, will be removed from the membership database.

In spite of one member's protestations to the contrary, we are not dealing with left-field science here. If you are in any doubt about that I refer you to his post on Saturday in which he insists, amongst many other things, that the patterns of tree bark resemble patterns in the Earth because the same biological processes are responsible for both.

Finally, I need to make clear that I am taking the extreme step of removing his membership not because he has expressed views that are not mainstream, or even because his views are not science, but principally because
1. He has repeatedly generated new memberships when earlier ones have had their posting rights removed.
2. He has used members email addresses to send individual postings, I consider this to be using the facilities of the list to generate unsolicited email.

John

John S Whalley, List owner - geo-tectonics
  (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/geo-tectonics.html)
Tel +44 23 9284 2247                                Fax +44 23 9284 2244
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, PO1 3QL, UK                Email- [log in to unmask]