As most of you will know, 2012  is  the 100st anniversary of the 1912  publications of Alfred Wegener on continental drift that are often hailed as the discovery of plate tectonics.  Alfred Wegener later became a Professor at Graz University  (until his death in 1930) and we are therefore organizing a small symposium in honor of his discovery on November 9th at Graz University. Should any of you be near enough so that the interest in the event outweighs the burden of travel, then we very much welcome you to the event !
I attach an invitation.

Kurt Stüwe

Ao Prof. Dr. Kurt Stuewe
Institut fuer Erdwissenschaften