The day Vicky is referring to was run by the Freelance Network. I posted the support materials from the 2012 Freelance Sharing Day on the Freelance Network email discussion group. The 2011 Freelance Day covered writing a brief.

Maggie Monteath
Former GEM FN Convenor

Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:34:13 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Freelance contracts
To: [log in to unmask]

GEM ran a freelancers day in London last year or maybe the one before, that I believe tackled some of these questions.  I think the presentations from the day were going to be made available on the GEM website.  I’ve just had a quick look but can’t find them – perhaps they are in the members’ only area?

I would add writing the brief/tender documents as another area where training is needed.

Vicky Dawson

Vicky & David Dawson Partnership

Museum & Heritage Consultants

44 Manor Orchard