From: Saad Jbabdi <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: AW: [FSL] co-registraton of FA maps: FA values change: why and what to do?
Date: October 30, 2012 7:48:49 AM EDT

Hi Aga

I wanted to make sure I understand correctly the most straightforward procedure suggested for FSL:
1. Run DTI fit with --save_tensor for time 1 and time 2.
QUESTION1:  Did I get it right that up sampling the images to 1x1x1mm space before warping can be skipped if we operate on tensor maps?

yes.

2. Use the warping parameters from registering nodif time2 to time1 to warp the tensor parameters maps.
QUESTION 2: in this case, should I use the half-way registration, does it matter here?

yes you should use vecreg and the halfway matrix.

3. Estimate the FA and other maps from the warped tensor parameter maps using -tensor_decomp in fslmaths.

Is this correct?

yes

cheers
saad