Hi Yaro - thanks for letting us know.  We'll look into this ASAP and update this if necessary.

I'm afraid that wrt your last question, we were given the individual subjects' structural images and hand segmentations via a written agreement not to release individual datasets - I can't remember exactly but I think it partly related to the original ethics of the scanning - so we're not allowed to give those out, sorry.

Cheers, Steve.

On 30 Oct 2012, at 17:04, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> While preparing a little script to cook up a derivative atlas
> (Harvard-Oxford-cort with laterality information) I thought to make use
> of the laterality probabilities present in the accompanying subcortical
> atlas.  Unfortunately values in left hemisphere are suggestively
> incorrect.  They rarely add up to ~100 % (in the right everything seems
> to be sensible) even within the hemisphere, leaving an impression that
> in about 10-30% of population participated in the atlasing
> experiment left hemisphere was absent ;-)
>
> Brief random example:
>
> left:  -46, 6, 30 -- 76% cortex + 8 % WM
> right:  46, 6, 30 -- 66% cortex + 31% WM
>
> For your investigation, here is a Nifti file with probabilities
> added up across different "structures" within the same hemisphere (so
> should be close to a 100 in most of the "brain"):
>
> http://www.onerussian.com/tmp/HarvardOxford-sub-laterality.nii.gz
>
> volume 0 -- right
> volume 1 -- left
>
> thanks in advance for correcting the atlas
>
> P.S. On a related note -- I wonder if this atlas dataset could be
> open-sourced -- i.e. if original anatomicals and their labeling could
> have been distributed  accompanied with associated processing scripts to
> catch/fix such bugs "in the source"?
>
> --
> Yaroslav O. Halchenko
> Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
> Dartmouth College, 419 Moore Hall, Hinman Box 6207, Hanover, NH 03755
> Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834                       Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
> WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)