Hi

It is probably still tracking.  If you use --verbose=1 you should be able to see the seed vertices being examined one by one.

The only thing you can do to speed it up is reduce the number of samples (that should give you an idea of whether it has worked, and how long it should take with the full number of samples).
I am afraid you cannot change the seed ref (but that is not the thing that is causing probtrackx2 to be slow).

Cheers
Saad

On 26 Oct 2012, at 05:58, Alistair Perry wrote:

> Ok thankyou, I removed the --omatrix3 option and it has gone past the
> stage I was stuck at initally.
>
> However, for the last few hours it has been stuck as this point,
> straight after loading the bedpostx samples.
>
> Done loading samples.
> Surface seeds
> surface 0
>
> Should this happen? I know it is a memory issue, but i have recently
> upgraded to a 64GB RAM machine. I know you can speed up the process by
> reducing the number of vertices, but can I also use a smaller seed ref
> image (i.e rawavg.nii instead of orig.nii) to speed it up. Obviously
> the rawavg.nii file is in structural instead of freesurfer space, but
> does this matter?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alistair
>

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Saad Jbabdi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Hi - Are you sure you intended to use --omatrix3?  This option requires you to set a --target3 file.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Saad
>>
>> On 25 Oct 2012, at 05:34, Alistair Perry wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, still having issues.
>>>
>>> To rehash what I am wanting to achieve, I am trying to perform
>>> whole-brain tractography analysis.
>>>
>>> I have preprocessed DTI and T1 scan using combination of
>>> freesurfer/fsl, so I have sucessfully created bedpostx and all
>>> recon-all files.
>>>
>>> I have obtained 68 cortical label labels from performing
>>> mri_annotation2label, and then label2surf. Obviously these are all in
>>> conformed space.
>>> I have used the instructions as per your wiki page in obtaining
>>> freesurfer<>structural<>dti(S0 image) transformation files
>>>
>>> I have all the working parts and here is the command: N.B all of the
>>> working files have been placed in the same directory
>>>
>>> probtrackx2 -s ./merged -m ./nodif_brain_mask.nii -x ./rois.ascii --seedref=./or
>>> ig.nii --xfm=./fs2dti.mat --targetmasks=./rois.ascii --dir=../probtrackresults/
>>> --forcedir --s2tastext --omatrix1 --omatrix3
>>>
>>> This is the following error message I receive after initally going
>>> through loading all of the seeds:
>>>
>>> Load bedpostx samples
>>> 1_1
>>> 1_2