FSL VBM Experts:

I am using FSL VBM to measure changes in cingulate volume in a population of pain patients using a control population.

I used fslvbm_1_bet –N to remove none brain items such as skull and eyes.

The brain extraction generally worked quite well, but some subjects extracted brains have some residual eye matter and skull matter.

I would like to confirm that since my ROI analysis is investigating regional volumes of the deep brain cingulate which is far from the residual eye and skull matter that my VBM results showing changes in regional cingulate volume should not be significantly impacted by the residual eye and skull matter.

Thank you very much,
John Keltner