'lo, Christian.

Thanks for getting back to me. I can certainly stipulate some number of
ICs, but how many? I don't have an a priori hypothesis regarding the
expected number, though maybe not 1 or 50. My other thought was simply to
down-sample my data to about 900 time points - still many more than typical
resting state, I know, but the auto estimation still gives me only one
component (explaining some 76% of the variance). Of course, it may be that
this one component actually does describe my data best....is there
something I'm missing here, some kind of threshold below which the
automatic estimation is most robust?

Again, many thanks,
Paul

### Me code snippet (5 ICs - why not?):
fsl5.0-melodic -i 23All_dsamp2Hz.nii.gz -o ICA_23All_2Hz --nomask --nobet
--vn --report --tr=.05 -v --Ostats --dim=5