Thanks, Pablo, that is illuminating. It is also reassuring for those who do rapid reviews.
The conclusion seems to be that at least most of the time, a less than comprehensive search will give us the same outcome as a comprehensive search. Unfortunately, there may be occasions that this is not so. The trouble is, we cannot tell when those occasions will occur.

Dr Kev (Kevork) Hopayian, MD FRCGP
General Practitioner, Leiston, Suffolk
Hon Sen Lecturer, Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia
Primary Care Tutor, Suffolk
RCGP Clinical Skills Assessment examiner
http://www.angliangp.org.uk/