Hello Frances and everyone

I have just taken up my highlighter pen as I look through the new QAA Code on learning and teaching http://www.qaa.ac.uk/Publications/InformationAndGuidance/Documents/Quality-Code-B3.pdf

Students are expected to:

·         embrace the aims and expectations of their chosen programme of study

·         demonstrate understanding of, and an ability to reflect upon, the ways in which their skills and knowledge are developing

·         recognise and value their existing knowledge and skills, and build upon them

·         avail themselves of the opportunities to acquire and develop learning skills

·         contextualise and apply their developing knowledge and skills to their wider experience and plans for the future

The first bullet very much reflects the THS article and the others build on the discussions about skills. There is a lot going on!

For those with an interest in career management another discussion list has been discussing the ‘Career Thought Leaders White Paper’ – an intriguing group in itself! – about what is now, new and next in careers http://www.careerthoughtleaders.com/whitepaper/

Best wishes all

Ruth

Ruth Lawton

University Teaching Fellow for Employability

Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching

Birmingham City University

0121 331 5126

6th Floor Edge Building

My ePortfolio: http://portfolio.bcu.ac.uk/view/view.php?id=130820