Some interesting-looking training and a possible route to having online learning resources created based on your collections., via the highly successful MyLearning project producing resources for teachers.

More details below - please reply to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Martin

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Learning Contributor Training Days this Autumn - sign up now!

Have resources on My Learning or want to? With over 600,000 unique visits a year and growing and the personal touch when it comes to support, you should think about attending this training.

If you're a contributor who hasn't uploaded for a while, a regular, or a new contributor thinking about writing your first resource - this training is for you.  And even better - it's free!

We are running three events this Autumn on the following dates and venues:

31st October             Millennium Gallery, Sheffield                   10am-3pm    http://mylearningtraining.eventbrite.co.uk
13th November         Leeds City Museum, Leeds                     10am -3pm   http://mylearningtrainingleeds.eventbrite.co.uk
6th December           Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln              10am - 3pm  http://mylearningtraininglincoln.eventbrite.co.uk

We'll be covering the following topics and more:

How to signpost to online content from your venue
A practical session on using tools like QR codes within the built environment to signpost visitors to your content online. Including how to generate your codes, how to link them with your My Learning resources, and practical issues around implementation within your museum or gallery space.

How to evaluate your online resources
This session will look at how you can evaluate the use of your online resources using Google Analytics. Whether you're new to Analytics or you currently monitor your resources, we will be looking at industry standard performance indicators, what data you should be collecting and how you can use the information gathered to improve your resources and their reach.

How to add content using our new (and simple) upload system
At My Learning we have been working on making it far easier for you to add content and create new resources. We'll take a look at how this works and show you how easy it is to publish!

The training will act as an essential update for those of you who have been with us for some time, and for newcomers it'll be an ideal introduction to what we do and a chance to put faces to names too.

Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis, so follow the links above to secure your place!

We look forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes,

Alison, Ali, Dom and Vicky
The My Learning Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alison Hughes
My Learning Support Officer
Leeds Museums and Galleries

(0113) 214 1570
@mylearning_org
www.mylearning.org<http://www.mylearning.org>

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the

intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,

please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please

delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.