From: The Disability-Research Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Russell
Sent: October-01-12 5:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: People first language

Then the law, sir, is an ass.
I am autistic (rather than "an autistic").

I also have Englishness (or more specifically, Geordieness).
Tragically I have suffered from heterosexuality for many years.
There is no known cure for this terrible affliction (which is exacerbated by an extreme case of maleness).
Fortunately, after many years of loneliness and shame I managed to make contact with others with heterosexuality.
Surprisingly, some of these people were diagnosed as having femaleness.
We were able to offer each other mutual self-help and support.
One of these people with femaleness turned out to be prone to developing motherness.
I now have a charming person with sonness (who is autistic and dyspraxic) and a delightful person with daughterness (who is dyslexic).

Russell
Nothing to do with the aboutness of our usness with the withoutness of us!