Hi,
While I have not come across the term lead-line, I am familiar with the
practice.  This includes tactile lines on the ground e.g. in railway
stations which blind people can follow to particular facilities.  It
also includes environmental information beacons which have an audio
output.  They tend to be called different things in different countries
and work slightly differently and could be based on infrared on RFID
technology.  Generally the user has an activator/receiver which enables
them to hear an audio message output by the beacon, which could be
located on a building or a particular facility in a shopping centre or
station.  The sound will get louder as the person approaches.  There may
also be a message, giving e.g. the name and some of the facilities provided.
Regards
Marin

--
I am currently participating in UCU industrial action on pensions by working to contract.  For more information please see http://www.ucu.org.uk.  Apologies for any resulting delay in responding.