Hi all

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with using Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) software with a Braille embosser?

We have an old version of DBT (10.5) and have an Index Braille S(3) embosser.  In all honesty we have not used this for years and years but we have a student this year who would like to have access to it.

When I originally set this up it was possibly around 2004 and from what I can remember, there were no real major problems.  However, Windows 7 and Office 2010 are here now and I’m starting to think there may be some problems.

I have managed to install DBT on Windows 7 easily enough and have downloaded the latest Windows 7 drivers from the Index site but the 2 things just don’t seem to like talking to each other!  If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks

Tim

Tim Cunningham

Disabilities Adviser

Student Support & Wellbeing (Academic Services)

Northumbria University

Email:    [log in to unmask]

Web:     www.northumbria.ac.uk/disabilities

Tel:         0191 227 3849