Skype: david.marchesseault
Site: www.gainlineafrica.org
Twitter: www.twitter.com/gainlineafrica

On 2012-10-31, at 7:53 AM, heston roop wrote:

John,
Thanks for the clarification.  I have known and had the plaeasure to meet many of those whom have participated in the event.  The culture and pseudo clubs that organize almost exclusively for RAGBRAI is pretty neat.  Many of the off-shoot just for fun attitude has defintily crossed over into lower level cyclocross.  I agree that the insights that RAGBRAI and the London, Drenth and Dutch cycling fests would reveal a lot about motivations and reasons people cycle.  Most of my work has focused on racing cyclists, jargon and the dynamics of races, and group rides, basically anything that involves trainning to race!
Cheers,
-Heston