Hi Steve, according to recent TfL residential telephone poll data, Hackney are now experiencing around a 14% share of folk stating they cycle to work. As I have said before on here, the emphasis in that borough has been for a long time on developing local filtered permeability.

I know folk have suggested the reasons are down to demographics as much as anything else, but I'd suggest that other London boroughs such as Camden woudl have a similar demographic (and in tht case one going back historically a lot further).

I don't know  of any other research there though. I'd suggest you talk to Trevor Parsons of the local LCC campaign group.

Gary Cummins