*Gender, Place and Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography is Seeking Two
New Editors*

Gender, Place and Culture, published by Taylor and Francis, is a well
established geography journal with an international circulation in its
field. The current Editor-in-Chief is Robyn Longhurst and Editors are
Beverley Mullings, Lynda Johnston, and Peter Hopkins. In 2013 the journal
will publish eight issues per annum. It accepts submission via ScholarOne
Manuscript Central. The journal currently has an impact factor of 1.030 and
its rankings in 2010 SSCI Journal Citation Reports are 35/67 (Geography)
and 10/35 (Women's Studies).

We are looking for TWO new editors to join our editorial team. The editors
will start by 'shadowing' a current editor at the end of 2012 for several
months in the first quarter of 2013 (although we have some flexibility in
this). S/he would be expected to start editing papers independently
thereafter. Most editors serve a three to five year term.

Candidates should have a broad knowledge of the field of feminist geography
and of women's and gender studies, be open to a wide range of studies
submitted by scholars from all world regions, have access to e-mail and
internet, and have excellent editing skills. Our preference is for people
who already have editorial experience as they will be expected to take on a
number of papers fairly soon after joining the journal.

Applications should consist of a letter detailing the candidate’s editorial
experience, and their vision and ambitions for the journal, plus a CV.
Nominations of suitable persons are also being solicited.

Closing date for applications is 12 November 2012. Further information
about the activities and responsibilities of the editors can be obtained
from Robyn Longhurst. Nominations and applications should be sent to Robyn
Longhurst ([log in to unmask]).

Details about the journal can be found at
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/cgpc .

*
*