If you have signed up for the list then you do actually want to receive
mail.  If you do not want to receive mail then cancel your subscription.

The e-mail only goes to your inbox if you want it to go to your inbox.  If
you do not want fifty e-mails per day in your inbox then setup a filter!!!

E-mail clients and webmail are rich in filter options.  Why not use them?