Dear Ian and list members,
As the current CPS chair, I have kept quiet on the list thus far because the BPS have particular rules about public statements (not surprisingly given their organisational position and charitable status). I had wanted to see what unfolded, and hope that the update below signals positive progress. This does not preclude personal emails expressing concern to the relevant people in the university, which I will send tomorrow. Whilst I hope it will all be resolved well before then, there is a BPS Representative Council meeting on 1-2 November, so that would be a place / time where I could consult and to see what the best course of action might be, if necessary.
All the best,
Jacqui