Yes, this is something we're having discussions about now. Our preference
is not to abridge (either in transcription or in access points) but it does
add to authority work (we are NACO contributors).

Also, whatever we decide as our local policy, we also need to figure out
whether we would edit/amend downloaded records to follow that if they did
abridge. This is a big issue, especially given the volume of extra checking
and editing this might involve. The same question (about whether we want to
edit incoming records to match local policy decisions even if they are
otherwise perfectly acceptable records meeting RDA core requirements) is a
much broader issue we haven't yet settled.

Celine

--
Céline Carty
English Cataloguing