RDA defines a 'Contributor' as a person contributing to the *realization of a work through an expression*, eg editors, translators, arrangers of music, performers, etc. (my emphasis).

I assumed Spencer had added bits of content - he hasn't helped the realization of the expression (ie hasn't 'crafted' its form, for want of a better phrase). Therefore he is not a 'contributor' in RDA terms and has to be an "other associated person".

HelenD.

Helen Doyle
Assistant Librarian

Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square
London
SW11 3RA
0207 326 8032

>>> "Amies, Paul" <[log in to unmask]> 10/24/2012 11:18 am >>>
Two difficulties with this record:

1.       The role of Ross Spencer. I decided in the end that he could only be considered a third author, as there was no relationship designator to describe his role as an additional contributor.

2.       The role of the National Archives. Again, I had trouble finding a relationship designator which accurately described its role in the publication.

--
Paul Amies
Cataloguer

Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2204 (Internal ext: 32204)