Many thanks to all involved in organising this event.  Although we were only observers it has been extremely useful and well-timed.  I feel both encouraged that the MARC records don’t look too different and daunted by my first in-depth attempt to get to grips with the toolkit and the prospect of having to create so many local policies.  And I’ve resumed getting our LMS ready to accommodate RDA records properly.

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Williams
Sent: 25 October 2012 15:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Wrap-up and thank you

We’d like to say a really big thank you for taking part so actively in the e-forum over the last couple of days and making it so successful.  I’ve found it a really interesting and informative discussion, and I hope others have too.

Can we say a big thank you to Anne Welsh, for coming up with the idea for this e-forum in the first place, (during our last RDA e-forum), and for the valuable contributions she’s made guest-moderating with us over the last two days.

Thank you as well to Alan Danskin for moderating with us and providing his extremely useful contributions from a wealth of RDA knowledge.  It’s particularly helpful to have the BL workflows in the RDA Toolkit, so again, thanks to Alan for all his hard work in bringing this to fruition.

We’d also like to thank Facet for generously making available the title pages we’ve been using, and to the RDA Toolkit for allowing pre and post event access to the Toolkit.

Thanks again for your participation

Best wishes

Helen

Helen Williams

Assistant Librarian, Bibliographic Services

LSE Library Services

The London School of Economics and Political Science

10 Portugal Street

London WC2A 2HD

020 7955 7234