Thanks Helen – here are my thoughts (just off the top of my head)

Copyright date:

This is one I went back and forth on over the last few weeks, putting it in and taking it out again as I changed my mind! I decided to interpret “Copyright date is a core element if neither the date of publication nor the date of distribution is identified” (the LC Policy statement) as being ‘only put it in if it’s different’ . That said, there are many times it only gives a copyright date and I’ve just used that as a ‘published’ date… I suspect it may come down to time spent (i.e. for the majority it’s the same so only put in if different – more common in eg CD/DVDs)

Relationship designator

Again I changed my mind and went for only putting it in if it’s not obvious (possibly again for reasons of time (and clarity – it might make it more obvious then when the relationship isn’t straightforward)

Related works/manifestations

Tricky one – I would generally only currently put in where the relationship was obvious (ie: where it had changed title between editions) but happy to change my opinion if there’s a good argument for it – I could see the point if we were say dealing with a re-telling of a classic story…

Other query

I wasn’t sure re: the hyphenation of the ISBN (am not sure anyway under AACR2!) – I noticed some people actually specified ISBN and I did wonder about that but can’t think why I decided against it!

Katrina