It seems an odd thing to do, especially
a) given that RDA does away with the Rule of Three (ie. allowing/encouraging you to transcribe everyone and make access points for all of them)
b) I was under the impression that one of RDA's strengths would be dealing with things like webpages where multiple people contribute (or is this a mixed responsibility issue?). In a digital world it is not so commonly the case that *an* item has *one* (or two) distinct author(s) - things are much more fluid now.

HelenD.

Helen Doyle
Assistant Librarian

Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square
London
SW11 3RA
0207 326 8032

>>> "Jackie Johnson (Library Services)" <[log in to unmask]> 10/25/2012 3:10 pm >>>
Yes am surprised by this too. For people's edification I append LC-PCC PS edict on this:

LC practice for Core element when there is more than one creator: After satisfying the RDA core requirement, catalogers may provide additional authorized access points according to cataloger's judgment.

So looks as if that really is the RDA Core element, or that's how I read it.

Jackie Johnson

Metadata Coordinator

University of Birmingham

Edgbaston