Me too! No. 9 attached.

Helen Doyle
Assistant Librarian

Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square
London
SW11 3RA
0207 326 8032

>>> Bernadette Mary O'Reilly <[log in to unmask]> 10/25/2012 2:03 pm >>>
Nervous about this one.  I've hardly looked at RDA for non-print yet.
Hoping other people will provide me with some good models.

Also interested in how far people record companion websites.  We often
ignore them, because they either are available only to purchasers or
cease to be available pretty soon, so readers would get mad ; but this
policy verges on misrepresentation, since it may suggest that the
resource is freestanding when it isn't.

Best wishes,

Bernadette

Record 9. Describing electronic, digital, and ....

Field

Ind.

Data

RDA Inst.

LDR/7

LDR/18

008/22

008/35-37

eng

020

$a9781856046848

040

##

$e rda

100

1#

$aWeber, Mary Beth,

$eauthor.

245

10

$aDescribing electronic, digital, and other media using AACR2 and RDA :

$ba how-to-do-it manual and CD-ROM for librarians /

$cMary Beth Weber, Fay Angela Austin.

250

##

$aUK edition.

264

$aLondon :

$bFacet Publishing,

$c2011.

264

$c(c)2011.

300

##

$axviii, 301 p. :

$billustrations,

$c28 cm +

$e1 CD-ROM.

336

##

$atext $2rdacontent

337

##

$aunmediated$rdamedia

338

##

$avolume$2rdacarrier

336

##

$aunspecified$2rdacontent

337

##

$acomputer$rdamedia

338

##

$acomputer disc$2rdacarrier

Companion website is too feeble to be worth 3XX.

500

##

$aAccompanying CD-ROM provides guidance for creating descriptive
records, links to online sources and templates (MARC, MODS, Dublin
Core).

500

##

$aCompanion website has links to mainstream cataloguing resources, some
of them subscription-only.

500

##

$aPublished simultaneously in U.S.A. by Neal-Schuman.

500

##

$aReplaces: Cataloging nonprint and internet resources. U.S. :
Neal-Schuman,  2002.

This was the best I could do with the idea that the earlier work was the
'predecessor' of the current one.  The term suggests a different work,
not just an earlier version, so I'm treating the 2011 resource as a new
work.

I'm sticking to the old AACR2 format for citations, because it is simple
and neat.  Hard to explain to new cataloguers, though, because there are
no areas of description nowadays.

700

1#

$aWeber, Mary Beth.

$tCataloging nonprint and internet resources.

Bernadette O'Reilly
Catalogue Support Librarian

01865 2-77134

Bodleian Libraries,