I made the conference an added entry because the resource is ‘based on’ it rather than giving the papers straight.  ‘Based on’ might just mean selected papers (in which case main entry is fine); but sometimes editors ask for papers to be extensively rewritten for publication.

But arguably the papers are the same works even if revised, so main entry might still be appropriate – didn’t think of that in time.  What do other people think about keeping conference as main entry even for extensively revised papers?

Best wishes,

Bernadette

Bernadette O'Reilly
Catalogue Support Librarian