From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen
Doyle
Sent: 25 October 2012 11:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Record 7

I don't think it's a multipart work, because presumably there'll be (or
the intention is that there'll be) further conferences - there's no
defined end point.

I think I decided that by transcribing the title and then having a
series/numbering statement as well, I'd covered all bases. Hadn't
thought to have a 246 as well though!

HelenD.

Helen Doyle
Assistant Librarian

Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square
London
SW11 3RA
0207 326 8032

>>> "C.J. Carty" <[log in to unmask]> 10/25/2012 10:59 am >>>
Here is my record 7, with a couple of queries noted on it: one is to do

with the conference name which is not authorised for use in RDA records
at the moment (but think we can safely ignore that as this is just an
exercise). The other is a question about what to do with the 3 in the
title: is it part numbering, does it mean this is essentially a series
or a multivol work? I've just gone for the easier option and considered
it part of the title proper.

--
CĂ©line Carty
English Cataloguing