Dear CCPN software users,

As most of you are probably aware, the CCPN grant was not renewed by the
BBSRC in August. We have now submitted outline applications to both the
MRC and Wellcome Trust.  Nonetheless there is a short term funding gap.
There is also the issue of the longer term sustainability of the CCPN
software.

After discussing matters with the CCPN Executive Committee and the
Assembly meeting at Scarborough, we are considering asking users for an
annual license fee. This is primarily to support the CCPN software.  We
would like to hear your opinion before making firm decisions. There is a
survey at:

   http://www2.ccpn.ac.uk/surveys/ccpnSurvey/

where you can find out about the details, and tell us what you think about
our plans. The survey can be answered anonymously, but we would greatly
appreciate if you could coordinate a single response for each lab.

Many thanks for your help,
The CCPN team