Dear Sham

Well-done , You did a great job by raising this issue on CCP4, I am sure most of the Indian post docs/ scientists working outside India will agree with you. Sham !  I think you are wrong here: You said In all cases, (I would say only 95 % cases) it is their mutual understanding to fix their own people, through the back-door deal. Here those people will disagree who got into a position through the same means.

I agree with Garib that we should stop this discussion on CCP4bb. This would not yield any positive outcomes, Instead it would hurt sentiments and emotions of many Indians (mainly beneficiaries of this scam /civic crime). But just to conclude this, I really appreciate Sham for bringing up this issue on CCP4 and making international scientific community aware of what is happening in Indian Science/Research institutes as far as faculty recruitment process is concerned. Some of the international scientist will be invited to attend  conference on "International Conference on Biomolecular Forms and Functions: celebrating 50 years of the Ramachandran Map" at IISc Bangalore,in January 2013, , I am sure some of the big Indian bosses (those who control these institutes) within   india, will be attending this conference,if you get a chance to have informal discussion on these issues with some of these people, please raise these issues, this will be really helpful for Indian post docs those who are struggling to find a job in India, despite of having a very strong CV and skills in the field.

Thanks and regards