From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Vitali Stanevich
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 9:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] off-topic: detergents for the stabilisation of water-soluble proteins

Hi,

Sorry for off-topic question.

Does anyone have experience of the stabilisation of water-soluble proteins by detergents? Protein I'm working with is definitely water-soluble and has high yield, but, unfortunately, not very stable. Especially during concentration. So, we thought that adding some detergents may one of the ways to stabilise protein.

So, did anyone do it before or may be know published examples? Any suggestions on the detergent type/concentration would be welcome.

Thanks,
Vitali