A postdoctoral position is available for structural and functional
analysis of proteins involved in virulence and/or survival in pathogenic
bacteria. We are particularly interested in developing drugs and
vaccines that target multidrug resistant bacterial strains. See recent
examples of our work in/Nature/483:53-58 (2012)
<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v483/n7387/full/nature10823.html>and/Proc.
Natl. Acad. Sci. USA/109:9857-9862 (2012)
<http://www.pnas.org/content/109/25/9857.long>. Candidates must have
experience in protein structure determination by X-ray crystallography
and will ideally have some experience in membrane or soluble protein
expression, purification, and crystallization. Good biochemistry skills
are essential. We are part of an interactive group of structural
biologists sharing common home source X-ray facilities, dedicated access
to beamlines at APS, and a common weekly group meeting.

Applicants must have a PhD and less than five years of postdoctoral
experience. Please send CV, including the names and addresses of three
references, to

Susan Buchanan
Laboratory of Molecular Biology NIDDK
Building 50, Room 4503