Jamie

ALl I want to add really, is that I'm very glad of people like Aingeal
Clare who will spread their critical attention across boundaries and
so might promote a healing of meaningless rifts (such as the Hybrid
anthology failed to). That is what I would like to do, in my way. When
it apparently involves praising as sharp satire quoted lines which
seem to me like infantile dribble, I'm taken by surprise, (and in this
case very amused by the bathos) but I guess it will ever be a rocky
road. I commented only on that juncture in the review, not the rest of
it and not Reid.

Very different reactions to the same thing are only discussable, I
guess, after some agreed agenda has been located. When A sees a red
car and B sees a yellow one with purple spots, that's interesting but
the end of the matter, isn't it?
Peter