Apologises for any duplication – the message has already been circulated to members of the Section for Archives and Technology and now wish to offer a wider invitation to ARA members.

Professional hands-on training for digital preservation and digital curation has been identified as a priority area for continuing professional development by a number of organisations over the last few years. There are plans for developing structured CPD courses in the discipline being considered by a number of organisations.  The next open meeting of the Archives and Records Association Section for Archives and Technology (ARA SAT) will bring together stakeholders from the ARA, the DPC and JISC in a round-table discussion on synergies and possible joint working in the area.

The meeting will be held  at 2.15-4.30pm on Friday 23rd November in the Board Room at the British Library

If you are intending to come to the meeting could you please let me know ([log in to unmask]) by Friday 9th November at the latest so I can ensure we have an appropriate level of refreshments!

best wishes

Simon

Simon Wilson

Secretary, Section for Archives and Technology

Hull History Centre, Worship Street, Hull HU2 8BG

Tel: 01482 317506

Web: http://www.hullhistorycentre.org.uk