Apologies for Cross-Posting

The Department of Classical and Archaeological Studies at the University of Kent invites expressions of interest from those wanting to apply through it for the 2013 Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship scheme. The Department is part of the School of European Culture and Languages which, building on its success in this scheme last year, will be supporting up to 6 applications for the coming round.

We particularly welcome applications in areas which directly relate to existing areas of research strength within the Department, more details of which can be found on our staff webpages at http://www.kent.ac.uk/secl/classics/

We will prioritise applicants who are beginning to produce high quality research publications, have evidence of research leadership or other forms of professional collaboration in their fields and have a well-defined, significant and feasible research project.

Leverhulme Early Career Research Fellowships are tenable for 36 months, with salary costs shared between the Leverhulme Trust and the host university. Fellows can also apply for annual research expenses up to £6000 from the Leverhulme Trust to support their projects. To be eligible, applicants to this scheme must have completed their doctorate, and not had their viva more than 5 years before the Leverhulme application deadline of 7 March 2013 (unless they have had a career break).

More information is available on the Trust’s website: http://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/funding/ECF/ECF.cfm

Expressions of interest and any queries about the scheme should be sent to Dr. Patty Baker ([log in to unmask])  by Monday 19 November 2012, and should include the applicant’s academic CV as well as a summary statement of the proposed research project (up to 1000 words) setting out its aims, methodology and intended outcomes, as well as its relationship to the applicant’s previous work.

Dr. Patricia Baker

Head of Department,

Classical and Archaeological Studies,

University of Kent,