At the symposium on the origins of iron at Harvard last week there was some discussion of the dagger with iron blade, gold handle and rock crystal pommel that was found in the mummy wrappings of Tutankhamun (died 1323 BCE). None of us seemed to know whether this had been conclusively proven to be either (a) meteoritic iron or (b) smelted iron. I have tried to do a search for this since returning to Arizona but can't find any definite answer. In this age of portable XRF surely someone must have applied it to this famous artefact!  Can anyone point me to a reliable published study?