Andrea,

We report our recruitment data by applicants, shortlisted and appointment by gender ,ethnicity and disability, (will need to extend to all the protected characteristics) split into academic and support staff but can drill down by academic school and look at specific posts as that is where the data  provides us with issues related to e.g. lack of female applicants, stereotyping etc. At the moment it is held in spreadsheets so although  it is manually  work intensive it  is easily accessible.

Ideally the results  re analysis and trends would be discussed with the recruiting managers as that is where interventions can be looked at.

However we are about to move to E-recruitment ( I-Trent system ) and as far as I can see the issue is the setting up of the required reports as most system purchases will only have basic reports which may not meet all the equality reporting  requirements. However as the system holds  the data it must be possible to build the required reports but if they have not been commissioned at the time, this work may have to be done.

I am also  keen to hear from anyone who works with recruitment  data from an equality perspective and is using I-Trent to know of any issues that would be better addressed at the early stage of the system design and implementation .

Regards

Sheila

Sheila Ross

HR Advisor (Employee Relations)