We also have a cetacean from Brandon. Check Middle Saxon Animal Husbandry in
East Anglia (East Anglian Archaeology 143). Pam Crabtree

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Küchelmann
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Whale bones in archaeological sites

Dear Peter,

first you should consult Gardiner (1997) and Clark (1989, 87-109),
who give summaries of Cetacean finds in Britain and Ireland. Don't
miss Mulville (2002), MacGregor (1985, 177-178) and Redman (2004,
2010) either.

Additionally there are Cetacean finds from
• Freswick, Caithness (Curle 1938)
• Westray, Orkney (Rice 2011)
• Scalloway, Shetland (Smith 1998)
• Norwich cathedral (Curl 2006) (plus an unpublished find from an
earls house in Norwich mentioned by Julie Curl to me personally)

And that is most probably not all...
I can send you Rice (2011) as a pdf.

Best

Christian