On 25/09/12 14:39, Jeremy Coles wrote:
> Dear site admins
>
> Please could you email me if your site will be decommissioning (e.g. due to end-of-life) any significant amounts of hardware (CPU or disk) in the next 18 months. If so, please could you indicate the size of the resources that will be lost together with the expected decommissioning date.

QMUL has 300TB of storage that is now well out of warranty. We plan to
continue to run it until it becomes unreliable, though we are likely to
have to cannibalise parts in the meantime. It will be taken out of
service when we buy the next round of disk.

There is also around 4500 Hepspec06 of compute in a similar position.

Chris