Hi all,

I have reviewed the list serve and have not found a simple solution the following error message in SPM (below). I am running a flexible factorial design with one group of subjects. When I try run the estimate on the SPM file I get this error message that my EIG contains NANs. I have isolated this error to one participant (n=16). When I remove this individual, I do not get this error message. However, all individuals were preprocessed with the same pipeline. I would ideally like to keep the data for this individual. Is there any way to correct for this error and remove the NAN values manually or to fix the matrix to be scaled?

Warning: Matrix is close to singular or badly scaled. Results may be inaccurate.

RCOND = -1.000000e+000.

> In spm_inv at 30

  In spm_reml at 126

  In spm_spm at 868

  In spm_getSPM at 235

  In spm_results_ui at 263

Warning: Matrix is close to singular or badly scaled. Results may be inaccurate.

RCOND = -1.000000e+000.

> In spm_inv at 30

  In spm_reml at 129

  In spm_spm at 868

  In spm_getSPM at 235

  In spm_results_ui at 263

Warning: Matrix is singular, close to singular or badly scaled. Results may be

inaccurate. RCOND = NaN.

> In spm_expm at 51

  In spm_dx at 83

  In spm_reml at 171

  In spm_spm at 868

  In spm_getSPM at 235

  In spm_results_ui at 263

  ReML Iteration 32                     :        ...NaN [+12.00]

Error using eig

Input to EIG must not contain NaN or Inf.

Error in spm_reml (line 212)

    if min(eig(V)) < 0

Error in spm_spm (line 868)

        [V,h] = spm_reml(Cy,xX.X,xVi.Vi);