Dear Marco,

It would be better to use normal or fine mesh if your computer power
allows it. I think these days there is no reason to use coarse, just
when SPM8 first came out there were still many old an weak machines
around. Hanning window indeed multiplies the response in time and
suppresses the edges. If the interesting part of the response is in
the middle of your time window it would be advisable to use it.

Best,

Vladimir