Hi,

in order to understand our results I looked into the AAL output more deeply.

On the first glimps it looks really simple but there seems to be a factor somehow in the numbers. And I cannot make sense out of it.

Here ist a small example

Label                       % Cluster	  Nb Vx Cluster	   % Label	    Nb Vx Label
ParaHippocampal_R       71.83	             71	       1.90	       1132
Fusiform_R                     25.35	             71	       0.30	       2518
Hipocampus_R                 1.41	             71	       0.04	         946
OUTSIDE                          1.41	             71	       0.00	             0

When I look at the first row, I can see that 71.83% of my current cluster belongs to the ParaHipp_R. Since the cluster consists of 71 voxel that would be about 51 voxel for this label.
These 51 voxel are 1.9% of the ParaHipp_R, which would mean that the ParaHipp_R consists of 51/0.019 = 2684 voxels.
And this is in contradiction to the 1132 voxels in the table.

Ratio: 2684/1132=2.37

When I do the same calculations for row 2 and 3 I always get this ratio.

In a next step I looked into the code of the m-file: gin_clusters_plabels.m
and found this code (line 368-374):

voiCluster = M(1,1)*M(2,2)*M(3,3);
voiROI = MNID.mat(1,1)*MNID.mat(2,2)*MNID.mat(3,3);
if voiCluster ~= voiROI
	fact = abs(voiROI/voiCluster);
else
	fact = 1;
end

A test run were I printed out the value of the factor revealed that this is indeed the ratio I found in the output.

My questions are now what this factor stands for and how I can interprete the results.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Best regards,
Katharina