  From:       Douglas Speirs <[log in to unmask]>

  To:         [log in to unmask]

  Date:       21/09/2012 15:43

  Subject:    Re: [SMRFORUM-SCOTLAND] Oil Pipeline Safety - Conditions & Restrictions - IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hi Bruce

Conditions and Restrictions for work in close proximity to INEOS Pipelines

Something to do with an INEOS pipeline at Crossgates, Dunfermline, Fife???
As I recall, GUARD came a little closer last month to INEOSpipeline than
INEOS would have liked.

Cheers

Doug...

Douglas A Speirs
Archaeologist
Enterprise, Planning & Protective Services
Regeneration, Environment & Place Team
Fife Council
Kingdom House
Kingdom Avenue
Glenrothes
KY7 5LY

Dial VOIP: (08451 55 55 55) ext :473748
Mobile: 07904169593
Fax: 01592 583199

"Think Green" and only print this email if absolutely necessary

>>> Bruce Mann <[log in to unmask]> 21/09/2012 15:06 >>>

Dear All,

Conditions and Restrictions for work in close proximity to INEOS Pipelines

Following on from the results of an investigation into a recent incident
involving archaeologists on site with a high pressure oil pipeline I have
been asked to circulate the attached to everyone asap to raise awareness of
this issue. The pipelines in question are in the central belt and borders
area.

Given the risks involved, and the legal requirement to notify, it is
imperative that you look over these guidelines and are familiar with the
locations of any pipelines that affect your areas. Should you require it
INEOS can provide free awareness sessions to go over the procedures. Please
feel free to forward on to others, including our colleagues in the private
sector.

For ALGAO Members, I have accepted an offer from INEOS to attend a short
time slot in the afternoon of the 30th Nov during our next meeting to go
over this.

Apologies for any cross-posting,

Bruce

Bruce Mann MA MIFA FSA Scot
Archaeologist
Infrastructure Services
Aberdeenshire Council

Tel: 01224 664731 Internal 725 4731
Fax: 01224 664679
Web Site - www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/archaeology

Archaeology Service for Aberdeenshire, Moray & Angus Councils

Any "TR" attachments with this email are for Aberdeenshire Council TRIM
users only.

This e-mail may contain privileged information intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please accept our apologies and notify the sender, deleting the
e-mail afterwards. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
e-mail's author and do not necessarily represent those of Aberdeenshire
Council.
www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed
and should not be disclosed to any other party.

If you have received this email in error please notify your system manager
and the sender of this message.

This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses but
no guarantee is given that this e-mail message and any attachments are free
from viruses.

Fife Council reserves the right to monitor the content of all incoming and
outgoing email.

Fife Council